12 September 2013

Housebound and lovin' it!

We have been housebound for the last two weeks...partly due to BuffaloHeart's new work schedule and letting go of truck-juggling (did you know we were so talented here, that we could juggle trucks?), partly due to being sick, and partly due to the fact that we have been awaiting the arrival of the chicken pox at our house...we were exposed two weeks ago and are wondering what's going to happen next...
 





 
Either way, the kids and I have been making the most of it by enjoying our completely relaxed, unhurried, un-scheduled life.  On the days I felt well, I rose early in the morning, but on the days I felt really bad, like Monday and today, we all to slept in and let our bodies rest and heal.  I so love snuggles with my wee ones!



 
 
At first, I was really disappointed because we had a few really beautiful, sunny Autumn days.  The kind of days I love best: warm but not hot, cool-ish breeze, bright blue sky, leaves on the forest floor a vibrant red, dappled sunlight shining through patches of gold as they sway in the canopy above...aaaahhhhh...
 
 
 
Why was I disappointed?  Because I was laying on the couch, head pounding, throat hurting, feeling miserable and sorry for myself!  I didn't want to miss out on my favorite season! 
 (and the shortest, no less!) 
 
But I got to hear the kids running around outside...bouncing on the trampoline, playing in puddles, setting up forest camps, bickering....(yeah, ya can't avoid that from time to time).  I also was priveleged to listen to the kids do the dishes, make me soothing garlic lemonade, and read  me stories.
 
One day this week BuffaloHeart arrived home early from work and packed up food and headed out to explore some new terrain so I could get some uninterrupted rest.  (I just love happy, helpful husbands...especially mine!)
 
They ended up at the river and came home to share these pictures of their adventure:
 
image.jpeg
 
image.jpeg
 
image.jpegimage.jpeg
 
image.jpeg
 
photo.JPG
 
photo.JPG
 
Another highlight from this week was this:
 
 
Yes, that's right...the kids are doing the dinner dishes and cleaning the kitchen while BuffaloHeart and I play dominoes by candlelight.  Now, I enjoyed pregnancy, I certainly loved having babies, and looking back, I often miss my little, little ones.  But at that moment, I can't express the joy and gratitude I felt as the kids did the work (happily, I may add) and B and I played a game together!  And I was present enough to truly savor every blissful moment...
 
These past two weeks at home have been so great! We kept ourselves busy in not-busy, thoroughly enjoyable, creative ways.  This is one of those times when I realize that how I choose to look at the world and my present circumstances really can determine what comes next and whether it's a positive experience or not.  I feel closer to my kids and grateful to my man for working hard to support us and provide us with this life...and of course, there's the Source of it all...the Great Mystery which blows Breath into All Life...

No comments: