28 August 2013

Say it Ain't So!

Jack Frost is waking up, I think!  The kids and I had a long day in town today...
 
Music lessons, purchasing supplies for the Garden Loom our Co-op will be planting at Creamer's Field tomorrow, the health food store...
 
We stopped by Creamer's on the way home to see all of the geese and cranes that are coming back in preparation for the long journey south.  We went over to check on the garden, and this is what we found:
 
The chokecherry tree is changing her cloak from green to gold.  I'd like to blame the hot, dry weather, but I think it's more than that this time...especially since it just rained.
 


The sunflowers aren't looking so sunny anymore!


 
Tomatoes...forget about it!

 
Zuchinni was all translucent and squishy.


 
Lots of garden residents looked as though they had been "nipped" in the night while human eyes were blissfully resting!
 


We did find one sign of still-burgeoning youth hiding amongst the poppies (trying to stay out of sight, no doubt!)
 



And of course, there are some...some who fight 'til the bitter end!
 
Say it ain't so!  It can't be...not yet! 
 
I can't say I dread this time of year too much...it is my favorite time of year!
 
But I know what my favorite time of year makes way for...
 
and I am not ready!
 
Say it ain't so!!!


No comments: