21 August 2013

Happy Birthday, Dove!

Here is where all of the refelctions from the last post all began...
 
I returned home from taking Buffaloheart to work, and I was greeted by rays of light pouring forth from the sky...
 

 
After spending some time cleaning up, I prepared for my little ones to wake...
 
 
 
Except, little ones are not who came up the stairs...
 
It was...these big kids!  We put rags in Dove's hair so her hair would be curled for her special day!
 
 
 
That's right...my little girl completed eleven circles around the sun yesterday!
 
We picked her a boquet and set a beautiful table for breakfast, which she chose: hot buttered toast, blueberry smoothie and sliced mango...yum!

 
 
We enjoyed a very quiet morning and early afternoon at home together, just the kids and I.  We got some housework done and ate a hearty lunch, then headed to the river...one of our favorite spots!
 



 
 


The cool temperatures did not phase the kids in the least!  It took less than a minute before they were completely covered with mud and water!
 


 
 
 
 
After hours of playing in water, searching for interesting pieces of driftwood, building rafts and looms...
 


 
 
The kids cleaned off in the river...
 
 
 
 
and huddled together in big fuzzy towels to warm up!
 
 


We picked up Buffaloheart from work, headed home, and ate dinner, which was followed by our family birthday ritual...
 
The building of the birthday altar and lighting of the candles... 
 

 
 
as Dove walked a circle around the "sun" and jumped over the rainbow bridge eleven times...
 
 
 
We gave her our offerings...
 
SunDaughter had passed on a Goddess Tarot deck that I might someday give to Dove.  I looked through the deck, and while I didn't think I was quite ready to share the entire oracle with her, I turned over this card, and just knew I had to give her this one...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Something to adorn herself with...
 

 
Something to read and inspire...
 
 
 
 
Something to hold, charge and protect...



 
Something to spend on something she has been hoping for (horseback riding lessons)...




and a little sweet surpirse from SunDaughter, who left to go visiting down in the lower 48 a few weeks ago, but didn't leave without first making a birthday ice cream cake for Dove...
 





It was a very quiet, very beautiful, very special day with my girl and my boy and my man! 
 




 I am so honored to act as Mother, Guardian and Guide to this amazing little Spirit-being!  Her journey is my own, and I am grateful for each and every step along the path!
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOVE!
 
  


~*~LOVE~*~
 

No comments: